February 9, 2011

Colorful Creations Part 1

I'm adoring the color combinations on Nichole Heady's blog today! I'm so excited that I have two extra cards today (on top of my daily card! Wow!)

This first card is using Melissa Phillips' color combination.



DEEtails:

I started with some PTI Spring Moss and embossed it with the PTI Woodgrain embossing plate. Then I stamped some petal images from SU!'s Build a Blossom set. I colored these in with my Regal Rose Stampin' Write marker on PTI Sweet Blush card stock. Using the Stampin' Write marker gives it a little more of a petal-ly look, you know, with the veins and all. I cut these out by hand and layered them on with glue dots and added a Very Vanilla brad to the center. Then I tucked in a piece of Very Vanilla card stock, stamped with the sentiment from the PTI Everyday Button Bits set. I adhered everything to a PTI Ripe Avocado mat and a PTI Spring Moss card.

1 comment: