February 20, 2011

Time for Tea


Who doesn't love tea and cupcakes? :) Today's card is for this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Check out this cool swirly cupcake/mini cake!


Here are the DEEtails for my card:

I used a bit of Pale Plum card stock for my background, which I matted with some Night of Navy card stock. I stamped some flourishes that I had in my stamp drawer (I'm not exactly sure who makes this stamp) and the sentiment from the Upsy Daisy set. Then I adhered a doily to my card (I can't help myself!) and the digital tea pot stamp from Prairie Fairy, which I printed on Baja Breeze card stock, colored in with my Stampin' Write Markers (Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, and Wild Wasabi), and mounted with Stampin' Dimensionals. I created the little flower bud with some Night of Navy Striped Grosgrain ribbon and some Pear Pizzaz leaves, punched from the Bird Punch. I adhered it to a Baja Breeze Seam Binding double bow, which I tucked at the bottom of my teapot. For my final touch, I colored some Rhinestone Jewels and laid them over a couple of the swirls from my flourish. Love a little bling every now and then! :) Hope you are having a great weekend!

Psst! The Seam Binding Ribbon is now a part of my fabulous ribbon share for a limited time! Check it out here!

3 comments:

  1. the teapot goes perfectly with the cake but I really want to know is how you made that ribbon rose. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of this card Nina! Beautiful, really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Makes me want to sit down with some friends and have tea and biscuits!!! :)

    ReplyDelete