February 11, 2011

Totally Hues Valentine


I've always admired Heather Pulverenti's ability to create with such interesting color combinations and I was excited to hear that she decided to make a challenge out of it. I certainly don't have the knack that she does, since I'm more a lover of neutrals, but I thought I'd try it out. Check out the colors for the first challenge:

Here are the DEEtails:

These colors are so bright and bold that I just had to let them shine. I used my Sizzix heart dies to create 3 fun heart shapes in Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, and Kiwi Kiss. I attached them to some Old Olive Grosgrain ribbon, which I wrapped around a Bermuda Bay card. Lots of color right?! Then I simply stamped the Valentine definition from the SU! Valentine Defined set, which I matted with some Daffodil Delight, trimmed with a Pinking Hearts Border on one side. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. For someone who loves neutrals, you did a FANTASTIC job w/these bold colors! This is fab!

    ReplyDelete