February 5, 2011

Calm and Collected (and a Little Crazy)


I'm not gonna lie, I'm totally in love with this card right now...

Want DEEtails?

I stamped the image from Nature Walk onto some Natural White card stock in Crumb Cake ink, then I used my Blender Pen to add a tiny bit of color to my eggs (Mellow Moss, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, & Blush Blossom). An extra layer of Natural White card stock and I was done! Ahhh... :)

I love how simple, calm, and collected this card is. I need that today since this week has been a little crazy. We finally got a new TV and set it up last weekend. Nothing fancy, but it sure is a step up from our 13-incher that it replaced. Plunking down money for a new TV is a hard concept for me since I'm not a big TV watcher. We had a pretty decent one a while back, but when that broke, we moved our tiny TV from the bedroom (the same one I've had since High School!) into our living room. After several months of a 13" screen, I finally caved and we decided to buy something bigger. I must say, I'm pretty pleased with the investment and it's quite apparent what 10+ years of technology can do.

I think the TV came just in time, because shortly after we set it up, Hubby got super sick and had a 103* fever for a couple of days. His fever finally broke on Thursday morning and he's slowly recovering. Trying to balance taking care of him, the dog, and the house, while keeping up with my job and and all my extra stuff (tutoring, band, cards, blogging, etc) has been interesting. Let's just say I'm not very strong in the domestic department, so the first three on this list were a bit out of my element. Yet, we all managed to survive... amazingly. Poor Hubby's meals consisted of oatmeal, soup, and tea for several days, since my cooking is limited to adding simple things to boiling water... It's a wonder how he is managing to feel better. Just the thought of it makes me feel weak. In case you were wondering, I lived off of bagels, salami, cookies, and the same soup - but at least I had some substance. Sad, I know... Glad that's over. :)

By the way, there's still lots of time to enter my Inspire DEE challenge. I hope you'll join me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment