February 12, 2011

Green Birthday (and Fun Embellishments)


I'm thrilled that I was chosen as a winner at Moxie Fab World for the Color Inspiration Monochromatic challenge! It makes me want to shout "Did you see it? Did you see it?!", but I won't... :) Anyway, I thought I'd try my hand at another monochromatic color combination. Today's birthday card was inspired by the colors from page 128 of the Paper Crafts Color Inspiration for Card Makers. I made this card for my Papa (my Dad), whose birthday is today.

Here are the DEEtails:

I started with an Old Olive card and added a piece of pretty patterned paper from my stash. Then I wrapped some Old Olive and Always Artichoke grosgrain ribbons. Then I grabbed a chipboard embellishment and inked it up with some Certainly Celery ink and stamped the sentiment from SU!'s Full of Lie set. I'm not sure I like how the coloring turned out on the chipboard, but I think it's okay...

A couple of weeks ago, I made a fun card with a postage stamp frame. A fan asked about it and sadly, it's not available anymore. So I did some research and came up with some other alternatives to postage stamp frames. One of them is this fun Maya Road embellishment that I picked up. And with all that researching, I came across a bunch of other neat embellishments, so I'm excited to start creating some new stuff. I've noticed that a lot of my cards are looking the same - same layouts, same embellishments, same old, same old... So, I'm hoping to get inspired and get more creative. You may have noticed a few of my new goodies and you'll be seeing more soon - new stamp sets, flowers (paper, fabric, and resin), chipboard, borders, doilies, frames, ribbon (as if I need more ribbon) and more... What about you? What kinds of embellishments are you into? Right now I'm totally loving doilies! :)

1 comment: