February 8, 2011

Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop!



Welcome to the February PALS HOP! This month, the Stampin' Pretty Pals are featuring Stampin' Up!'s fabulous Sale-A-Bration projects for your inspiration! Did you know that our hop logo was designed by Stephanie Uzee using the MDS CD which you can earn for free during Sale-A-Bration! Thank you Stephanie!)

You've likely hopped over from Dawn Gross at This & That. I'm stop number 12 on the PALS HOP and I'm glad you hopped in! I'll help you "hop along" from blog to blog where you'll find inspirational ideas for paper crafted creations from the Stampin' Pretty Pals! Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the PALS HOP LINE-UP at the bottom of this post and you'll be back on track!

Today I'm showcasing 3 different cards and looks using my favorite Sale-a-Bration sets. Enjoy!

DEEsign 1: Natural and Neutral with Bliss


DEEtails:

I started with a Crumb Cake base and stamped the flourish image from the Bliss stamp set. Then I added some Very Vanilla Seam Binding, which I pleated. I stamped t butterfly from the same set in Sahara Sand ink on Very Vanilla card stock and cut it out. I adhered the butterfly to my card with a glue dot, bent up the wings a bit and added a strip of Rhinestone Jewels. I wrapped some Linen Thread aroud my card a few times, tied it in a simple bow, then used my corner rounder to soften up the edges.

DEEsign 2: Soft and Sweet with Sweet Summer



DEEtails:

I started with a Naturals White base and stamped the leaf flourish from the Sweet Summer set with Pear Pizazz ink and the flowers blossoms with Blushing Bride ink. Then I took my blender pen and filled in the leaves and flowers. I cut out my flowers, added some Pearl Jewels and adhered them with some Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I stamped the sentiment from the Hostess Level 1 Because I Care set. I added some Pear Pizazz Seam Binding and a Naturals White mat before adhering everything to my Blushing Bride card.

DEEsign 3: Bright and Bold with Ice Cream Parlor


DEEtails:

Okay, so really this is two Sale-A-Bration sets, but I couldn't resist. I started with some playful patterns from the Ice Cream Parlor DSP, which I cut into 1 3/4" squares. I adhered them to a piece of Melon Mambo card stock, which I had punched a Scallop Border onto one side. Then I added my embellishments, some Scallop Circles punched out of the DSP, some Quick Accents, and a few bright buttons.

Want something to Sale-A-Brate? Stampin' Up is offering a free Sale-A-Bration set with each $50 purchase! But I'm throwing in a pack of Rhinestone or Pearl Jewels with your $50 order through the month of February! Just e-mail your order to deesignsbyninadee@gmail.com anytime during the month of February to take advantage of this special offer.

Now, hop on over to check out Mike Funke at Stampin Style, stop number 14 on the Valentine's Pals Hop! Be sure to visit each of the Pretty Pals for more fun and inspirational ideas! Thanks for "hopping" by!
  1. Melissa Ordelheide at Natural Stampin'
  2. Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
  3. Barbara Chatzkel at Take Out Paper Arts
  4. Gina Shaw at Cards by Gina
  5. Ann Schach at The Stampin' Schach
  6. Joanna Munster at Inspired by Stampin'
  7. Nicole Watt at Impressions by Nicole
  8. Stephanie Uzee at Stampin' with Suzee
  9. Joan Norris at Clearly Creative
  10. Carla Bazhenow at Carla's Scraps
  11. Dawn Gross at This & That
  12. You're here! :)
  13. Mike Funke at Stampin Style
  14. Melanie Collins at Oops a Daisy Designs

13 comments:

  1. Nina, your trio of cards are fabulous. My fav is the middle one. Love them all though!!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina,
    Love your cards! You have been busy. Love the simplicity of the first one, but the color combo of the second card has won my heart! Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all great but I particularly like card 2. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your natural card... a lot. Briefly scrolled down your site and I love your Nature egg card. Beautiful in such a calm lovely way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three cards are so pretty! I really like the clean design and the great mix of colors you used. The second card makes me really excited to get this stamp set this week, myself. :) SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards hard to choose a fave, but I like number 2, oh so pretty with all the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of the cards are great. I love the soft colors of 1 & 2 ... great use of SAB goodies!

    Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the middle card. It could easily be a wedding card with the theme colors!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Cards!!!! I also love the middle card the best but they are all beautiful. Great use of your SAB stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All 3 of your cards are very pretty. all 3 are so very differnet. I am partial to the first card that you made. :)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete