February 22, 2011

Butterfly Hello


Today's card is for Challenge #4 over at Jay Gee's Nook. I actually made this card right after the challenge came out, but kept forgetting to post it.


Here are the DEEtails:

I started with a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and added pieces of Sticky Strip to the back edges. Then I added pieces of Hemp Twine across the front, carefully sticking it to the Sticky Strip on the back. Then I cut smaller pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock and layered (lots of layers!) between the pieces of Sticky Strip to even everything out, since the Hemp Twine and Sticky Strip made it quite bumpy at the edges. Once things were evened out, I added a Crumb Cake Mat. Then I stamped some MS butterflies in Sahara Sand ink and cut them out. I adhered them with Stampin' Dimensionals and added my sentiment from SU!'s Trendy Trees set.

4 comments:

  1. Nina I love the way you have used the twine on this card - very effective and original. The butterflies are also gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the muted tones on this card.

    Very creative and fresh!

    Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! especially the twine and butterflies. Thanks for playing along with us this month ... Ange

    ReplyDelete