February 12, 2010

So Exciting!

I made it on the Stamping 411 Stampers Showcase! I'm so excited (I actually squealed when I saw this!). So I'm back to play in the Color Inspiration Challenge:


Here's my DEEsign:


And the DEEtails:

1. I hardly ever make a white card, but I wanted to incorporate the crisp white sheets from the inspiration image. I used Naturals White (I like it because it is a nice, thick card stock and has a nice soft look to it). I started off with a Brocade Blue base stamped with VersaMarked flourishes from my Wings of Friendship set.

2. I inked the "Happiness" part of a sentiment from my Heard from the Heart set with Brocade Blue on the bottom of the card.

3. I used the same leafy flourish stamp on the So Saffron mat with Certainly Celery ink. (It's hard to see, but there is actually part of the flourish stamped underneath the bow.) I also used my Scallop Trim punch to add a bit of frill to the edge of the yellow mat.

4. Then I used VersaMark to stamp the flower from my Bella Blossoms stamp set on So Saffron card stock. I embossed two flowers and cut them out. I used 3-dimensional mounting squares to adhere flowers onto the leafy flourishes.

5. To tie it all together (no pun intended), I used some Certainly Celery satin ribbon and made a bow that tilted just so.

Hope you like it!

1 comment:

  1. Dee-lightful card and colors. Congrats on the showcase. I'm sure you will be getting more attention! Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete