February 23, 2011

Flying By To Say Thank You


Today's card is for the Embellish Magazine Color Trends Challenge with Birds. This challenge is absolutely perfect for me, given my fondness of birds and neutrals. But, it was actually pretty difficult for me to come up with something. I finally put this card together and am loving it!



Here are the DEEtails:

First let me explain that when I first saw the challenge, I thought the blue was much darker. This is the reason why I used Not Quite Navy in my card, rather than something like Brocade Blue. Oops! I started off with a Crumb Cake card (my favorite) and layered on some embellishments - a die cut embellishment, meant to look like an old letter, an MS doily inked in brown, and a sentiment from SU!'s Bella Blossoms set in Not Quite Navy on Crumb Cake, punched out with the Decorative Label punch. Then I stamped the bird from SU!'s Notably Ornate set in VersaMark, embossed, and adhered him with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added a piece of DSP from the Neutrals Collection, wrapped with Early Espresson Satin and Kraft Taffeta ribbons. Then I stamped the birdcage from SU!'s Nature Walk in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla card stock and added it to the card with some Stampin' Dimensionals. I love the look of tying on a piece of Linen Thread to the top of the cage. I tucked in some brown blooms from my stash for a little more texture and dimension. Hope you like it!

3 comments:

  1. Love how you clustered the bird house, flowers and doily ... stunning! Another beauty from you Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is just DEElightful (bet ya never heard that one before...haha). Truly love it. Great job and Thanks for joining Embellish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Nina! I love the doily and flowers! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete