February 10, 2011

Lovely Lace


This week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge is Those Were the Days (Vintage Inspiration). I'm not exactly sure how to convey the vintage look, so I pulled together things that seemed old and rusty (bird cage), distressed and stained (doily), and a little granny-ish (flowers and crochet lace). What do you think?



Here are the DEEtails:

I started with a pretty piece of Springtime Vintage DSP and rounded the corners. I layered on a doily that was distressed with ink and a piece of Very Vanilla with more rounded corners. I stamped the SU! Elizabeth image and added a piece of Victoria crochet lace. Then I stamped the bird cage image from SU!'s Nature Walk set, cut it out and tied some Linen Thread to it. For a final touch, I added a Vintage Flower Adornment. Hope you like it!

6 comments:

  1. I think you mastered the vintage look with this card Nina! Love the deetails that you added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so soft and pretty. Love how you incorporated the doily.

    Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lace is definetely is vintage...great job with the challenge. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card and the doily is agreat embellishment :-) I have had a great time browsing your blog -your designs are so pretty
    We must like the same things :-)

    ReplyDelete