January 24, 2011

Polka Dot Wishes



Here's my card for this week's Off The Wall Craftiness Challenge. Isn't this a fun color combination?

DEEtails:

I was instantly drawn to that fun cake and decided to create a card that mimics the circles, bow and trim. Enter my card. I used Whisper White for my background and adhered little circles in Marina Mist from the Itty Bitty Punches set. For a little element of cute, I added little flowers in Pumpkin Pie. Then I tied a Pumpkin Pie Taffeta bow and added the sentiment from SU!'s A Little Birthday Cheer set. The most tedious part of making this card was adding the pom pom trim around the edge of my card. I found this stuff in my stash and thought it would be perfect. I finally got it to stay put after attaching a couple extra layers of cardstock behind it and adhered it all to a Marina Mist card. Thanks for stopping by today!

Special DEElivery:

This card is for sale in my Etsy Shop.

3 comments:

  1. Great color combo!

    Love the touch of orange - you really captured the inspiration photo well.

    Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your card was inspired by the cake in the OTWC inspirational photo! I adore the mini pom poms. Thanks for playing along with us this week at OTWC and Good Luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved that cake too. You've done a wonderful job and translating it into a card. So neat. Thanks for joining us this week at OTWC.

    ReplyDelete