January 9, 2011

Balloons for Baby


Happy Sunday! Hope your weekend is going well. Here's my card for this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. I'll be honest with you... This card didn't turn out anything like I had imagined when I thought of what I wanted to do. But I think it still turned out pretty cute...


DEEtails:

I played around a bit with the digital stamp image from Bugaboo Stamps, our sponsor this week. I colored my bear with Stampin' Write Markers - Creamy Caramel, Blush Blossom, Chocolate Chip and Melon Mambo. I printed out my balloons on Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi and Peach Pizzazz. I dipped each balloon in VersaMark ink and added a layer of clear embossing powder and some heat to add that glossy balloon look (this also makes the card stock look darker, so the Wild Wasabi now looks more like Garden Green - the photo is pretty accurate as far as coloring goes). Then I took my exacto knife and cut a little slit under my bear's arm. I used some black hemp to tie my balloons and "threaded" the "string" into the slit on my bear. I took a bright Pacific Blue Good Morning Sunshine DSP for my background and added a fun, frilly ribbon from stash. I stamped an image from SU!'s Four Square set in Pumpkin Pie and added a scallop scare mat in Melon Mambo. I added a Garden Green mat before adhering everything to my Pacific Point card.
Special DEElivery:

3 comments:

  1. NinaDee, you said you wanted to get more personal this year so I have a question to get you started! How does your inspiration work? Do you see the colors and envision a card? Do you envision a stamp? I love your card but I'm really too literal in my card making to be very good at inspiration challenges, so I'd LOVE to know how your brilliance begins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! You chose an adorable image to work with, sweetie! :)

    ReplyDelete