January 31, 2010

Moxie Fab

I fell in love with the photo from the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger Challenge and had to play along!


I'm still not sure if this is just right, but here's my DEEsign:


And the DEEtails:

1. I love the neutral look of the room with just a splash of color, so I tried to mimic it with SU! colors: Kraft, Whisper White and non SU! color that looks like Bermuda Bay (although it looks more blue in the photo than teal).

2. I used a Hero Arts stamp that I bought a long time ago for the main image, cropped it, and mounted it on another piece of Kraft paper. I really liked the tone on tone look, although it's a little hard to see in this photo.

3. I used the oval mirror in the photo as the inspiration for my sentiment. I hand cut the oval and gave it a glossy look by dipping it in VersaMark and clear embossing powder. I did this twice to give it a really thick gloss effect. (The only thing I didn't like about it, was that it made the paper look more of eggshell color).

4. I used the sentiment from the Great Friend stamp set. I love the handwritten look!

5. I finished it off with some aqua buttons and ribbon for that splash of color inspired by the photo. Again, I promise it is much more aqua looking that it appears in the photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment