February 11, 2019

18 for 2018 Update!

I'm doing a bit of reflecting... I know I'm not always good at keeping up around here. I work full time, have a toddler running around, and am always in the middle projects. On top of that I'm BAD at taking photos. Not such a good combo for an aspiring blogger... Hahaha

Today I'm sharing my updates from my 18 for 2018 list...
Can I tell you that the results aren't great? But I'm not beating myself up for it. At all! In fact, I'm still doing a 19 for 2019 list, which I'll share soon... and compelled to continue working on finishing up my 18. Maybe I'm a little crazy.

Anyway, here's my 18 for 2018 recap!

1. Build LEGO Disney Castle

2. Find pants that fit and look good for work
DONE! See them here! I actually recently cleaned out my closet (AGAIN) and while trying on some of my clothes, I realized that my clothes look infinitely better when paired with pink pants. True story.

3. Create artwork for our home
I started on this over the summer and then I just stopped... 
progress: 50%
But upon reflection, I've decided to go a different direction with this piece, so we're really back at 0% 

4. Get e-mail inboxes to zero
DONE! ish! Although I still have a ton in my work inbox, I've been able to get my personal e-mail accounts down to almost 0! Hooray! I call that a win!

5. Konmari
You may recall that I started this process a while back and intended to start from the beginning again. But honestly, when I went to re-Konmari sections, I felt frustrated with myself because I felt like I could be using my time for something less redundant. In 2018, it just didn't seem the right time, but guess what... THIS YEAR...? I've got the urge and did all my clothes again. And although it's out of order, hubby and I recently tackled the kitchen too, right before our little girl's birthday celebration. I'm kind of all over the place on this one, but progress is good!

6. Make a card organizer
I would probably be a much better friend if I would just make my card organizer and send cards already. 
progress: 0%

7. Paint a room or closet
I actually picked a color. Now I just have to get my hubby on board to let me destroy a space in order to make it pretty. :)
progress: 0%

8. Read 4 new books
DONE! I did it! I'll share a post about my reading soon!

9. Start Project Life
I'm longing to pull my materials out, but I just haven't started yet... Currently my office is being used as a storage space, so there is very little to be done in the world of crafting...
progress: 0%

10. Sell stamps and craft supplies
Very little progress here. I listed a couple sets but more will be listed soon!
progress: 10%

11. Clean the attic
I actually went up to the attic BY MY SELF recently. I decided it's not my favorite place. LOL! This one will be on the back burner for a bit...
progress 0%

12. Make something from Pinterest
I'm actually in the midst of a pretty big project...
progress: 25%

13. Complete an ASCA course
I have no excuses. I still haven't started up again!
progress: 50%

14. Finish 2016 & 2017 photo books
I've finished a few. I'm making slow progress, but progress nonetheless!
progress: 25%

15. Set up the Craft Room/Office
I had made some good progress here, but then like I said, we decided to use the space as a storage room and so we're back to a disastrous state... One day... 

16. Make 12 cards
I haven't made any new cards since the roses... BUT my little girl is super into being crafty right now and has been writing cards and letters to her favorite people. I'm sure we will soon be making cards together!
progress: 25%

17. Organize my School Counseling Curriculum
I feel like I've gone a little backwards here even though I've made progress. We got some new materials so I need to rework a few things. The year has been crazier than expected, but soon, I will be done!
progress: about 75%

18. Change my name
This is a real struggle here. I need some major help! Every time I think I'm going to change my name there seems to be some crazy obstacle - like travel plans that were made under my maiden name and who knows what else... The application is filled out. That's a big first step, right?!?
progress: 25% 


So that's it! My giant To Do list that didn't get finished, but I LOVE it. I learned some good lessons - like I shouldn't make goals that require dependence on my Hubby... or dependence on other items being checked off the list first! I'm still proud of myself though. There's quite a lot that got accomplished, even though they weren't completed. I'm happy enough about that. :)

How did your 2018 go?

11 comments: