January 27, 2010

Inspired By Etsy

I love Etsy and I'm really into challenges right now, so imagine my excitement when I came across the EtsyInspired Challenge blog! To participate in their current challenge, all you have to do is visit Sweetie Pie Tutus on Etsy, find an image that inspires you and create! How fun!

Here's the adorable inspiration image I chose:


Here's my DEEsign:


And here are the DEEtails:

1. I was absolutely captivated by this baby's gorgeous eyes. The lavender just seemed to make them so brilliant! I have very little lavender & purple supplies, but I knew I just had to make it work!

2. I started off with SU! Lovely Lilac, Kraft, and Naturals White card stock. I used my Stampin' Write markers to ink the bird stamp from the Wings of Friendship hostess set. It's always so exciting to use a stamp set for the first time! I stamped the bird twice and cut him out to make him 3-dimensional.

3. I found some flower embellishments in my stash (I can't remember where I got these) and crumpled up the flowers. Luckily, they were the perfect color! I layered them over the actual flower image from the stamp (two large and one small flower) and used a rhinestone brad in the center. I wanted to use something sparkly to remind me of those beautiful eyes! I took a second small flower, crumpled it up, and folded it to cover the other stamped flower image. I really like how this one turned out.

4. I used my Hodgepodge Hardware kit to embellish the sentiment, "Your friendship means the world to me." Love it!

5. For the finishing touches, I added a piece of ribbon on the edge of my card, inspired by the headband in the photo and distressed the edges of the card stock.

My original plan was to use more ribbon, inspired by the tutu, but the purples didn't look right together and didn't sit right with the layout. I really like how this turned out and hope you do too!

1 comment: