January 25, 2010

Everything But The Kitchen Sink Challenge

I just discovered this fun challenge site and had to play along! I love the fact that all the inspiration on this site comes from your home!

The sketch challenge was inspired by a TV console:

And here's my DEEsign:


The DEEtails:

1. I used Paper Source chartreuse cover paper (it's a shade lighter than SU!'s Kiwi Kiss) for the card. I love this color. I used two lacy patterned papers from SEI Bissette. It introduced this neat aqua color that just made it pop! But, I didn't have card stock to match. Luckily, the back of the paper pack had some textured card stock.

2. My Scallop Trim punch worked perfectly with the edge of the striped lace pattern! I got lucky there!

3. I used my new Two-Step Bird Punch with the textured paper in the green and aqua - lovely!

4. I also punched a scalloped circle out of cream textured paper (also from the Bissette pack) and used my 1/16" hole punch to create a lace look around the edges.

5. To finish the look, I tied some SU! Mistletoe Ribbon Originals around the top. I'm so glad I got this. The ribbon is so light and pretty!

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the soft colors and ribbon! Thanks for playing the Kitchen Sink challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the papers and the colors! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)
    I am so glad I stopped by your blog, I have been wondering who made those heart stamps, I have to get some of those! The woodgrain one is my fav! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the papers you used here and the bird punch is darling! Really pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice and way cute! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete