January 17, 2010

Embellish Magazine Color Challenge

I always love looking at the colorful inspiration pieces at {:Embellish Magazine:}. So today, I decided to participate in their challenge.

Here it is:


And here's my DEEsign:


The DEEtails:

1. I wanted to keep the card simple, yet include some fun embellishments. The colors reminded me of my best friend, who loves purple, so I wanted it to be something that I would want to give to her. I chose Elegant Eggplant card stock because I thought it was a bit more unexpected.

2. I found the Merci embellishment from my jar of random sentiments. It wasn't quite the right purple, but I liked how it coordinated with the colors and thought it was that perfect fun embellishment that I was looking for. I hope it's okay!

3. I love using the large flourish on my Kind Thoughts stamp set, and I knew it would be perfect for this card.

4. I incorporated stripes using SU! Chocolate Chip 1" double-stitched grosgrain ribbon and random purple buttons I had in my stash. I liked the stitched ribbon because I thought it tied in well with the Merci embellishment.

5. For that final touch, I distressed the edges a bit, and Voila! Hope you like it!

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love that damask flourish...it is gorgeous!! Great job with the Embellish Mag color challenge!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice focal damask flourish and use of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you embellished the ribbon with the circled sentiment and buttons - what a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PERFECTION! I love every detail!

    I see you have just started your blog...how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The damask flourish looks so elegant! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete