January 10, 2010

I Did It!

I finally decided to sign up as a Stampin' Up demonstrator! I'm so excited!

To kick off my new journey, I've decided to try out the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge. Here's the challenge:


And here's my DEEsign:


I chose a "snow day" theme since the day I signed up to SU! was a "snow day." And I even drank a mug of coffee that day (I didn't even plan on that part, just kind of realized it right now). So anyway, I guess the penguin is me. Pretty cute! :)

Here are five of my favorite DEEtails about this card:

1. The mug is embossed to look like a shiny ceramic mug.

2. The snow outside has a teeny touch of sparkle.

3. I distressed the edge of the patterned paper at the bottom of the card to look fuzzy like a rug.

4. I crinkled the patterned paper for the valance of the window to make it look kind of like fabric.

5. This is my first card that uses almost exclusively Stampin' Up! products! Everything is from SU! except for the white ink (ColorBox), embossing powder (both clear and glitter are generic brands) and transparency sheet (Office Max). All the stamps (Cold & Cuddly from the 2009 Holiday Mini), card stock (Kraft for the card, Basic Gray for the window, Bordering Blue for the "outside" and Going Gray for the penguin and mug), and paper (DSP Bella Birds - retired) are from SU! and that's a first!

I'm totally hooked. I can't wait for the next challenge! Want to play along? Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment