January 19, 2010

Bloom!

I got a beautiful pack of paper this weekend, on clearance for only $4!


Here are some of the cards I made:


DEEtails:

1. I love the patterned paper with falling flowers. For my first card, I turned the paper sideways and the look was so simple but beautiful! I backed all the cards with SU! going gray card stock.

2. I never realized how hard it is to find gray ribbon! I purchased these three by American Craft just for this project! The light gray ones were on clearance for 60 cents and the dark gray was from the $1 bin!

3. I used sentiments from 2 retired SU! stamp sets, Blooming with Happiness & Basket Full of Fun. I loved the saying, "may your day bloom with happiness!" and stamped it on a scalloped oval. I then punched each scallop with a 1/16" hole punch. I loved the lacy look!

4. I thought "bloom" was a great saying for the second card. I used my favorite letters: American Craft Sarah Script and combined them with pale pink Prima flowers.

5. I made a crinkled flower using my 1", 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" punches, then stuck a gray button threaded with pink floss on top for a quick and easy flower on my last card.

Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment