May 22, 2010

I'm Back!


So sorry for my absence! I've been sick and incredibly busy! I'm still not feelings 100%, but I'm finally back and here with a card for another Color Q Challenge. My card for the challenge a few weeks ago earned me a Color Q Courtier badge! The colors for this week's challenge are gorgeous!


Here are the DEEtails:

1. I started off with a piece of Summer Sun card stock and made my rose. Yellow roses are my favorite flower! I wanted to make a bold statement and knew that a Summer Sun flower would do the trick.

2. I made a Scallop Trim Rectangle in Bermuda Bay and trimmed a Kiwi Kiss mat for the center. I stamped my sentiment from my PTI Signature Greetings set.

3. I created Summer Sun and Bermuda Bay mats for my Soft Suede card. Then I added my Scallop Trim Rectangle at an angle.

4. I punched some leaves from my SU! Bird punch in Kiwi Kiss and Bermuda Bay and adhered it to my card.

5. Then I added my big yellow bloom. I love it!

Hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by! :)

7 comments:

  1. Well, this is just about one of the prettiest cards I have seen with these colors----a real good translation of that inspiration purse! Very nice rose---I definitely need some practice on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flower is gorgeous! Very pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...your yellow rose is spectacular! So full and lush. Love your use of the colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, another great card for the Color Q challenge. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! It's just so sweet! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete