December 24, 2014

A Little More Merry


As promised, I'm sharing a few new decorating updates... First up Merry banner. This area usually looks just like this, with a plain chalkboard banner, that I just haven't gotten around to lettering yet. I decided to jazz it up a bit with some polka dot letters and some fun pom pom yarn. I tossed up a few of my favorite holiday cards on that pretty birdcage display that my mom got me a few years ago. I feel like it needs some tinsel or something... What do you think?


Right below is a little drop zone area where I set up a couple of my favorite decorations. I love looking for cute little holiday decorations at craft fairs and have picked up a few over the years. The wooden reindeer is one that I got last year and I'm not gonna lie, he stayed up nearly all year. I only just put him away in August... And now he's back out. I love his little face, like he's unsure about this snow! *Giggle* 


I found this awesome chalkboard charger at the Target dollar spot (anyone else love that section as much as me?!) Since I stole the tray that usually sits on our coffee table for all my wrapping paraphernalia,  I needed something else to coral the table must haves - a yummy candle (Yankee Candle Jack Frost is my favorite scent!) a fun stacking jar from Anthropologie (okay, that's really a candle too...) A bowl of Andes mints and some coasters.


This little corner may be my new favorite... I made my first pompoms last night and threw them around the lamp next to the TV. I'm totally addicted now. I want to pompom the whole house. Haha! Then I found this cardboard house that I bought from SU! last year. I had planned to cover it with patterned paper and maybe decorate it a bit, but I love white houses, so I decided to leave it plain. I may add some sparkle to it later... Ooh! And that festive little tree! It's so cute! 

We usually corral our recyclables in a large planter in this corner, but I decided to re-purpose it for now as a wrapping station. I love my wrapping paper this year - lots of metallics! And that tray that I stole from the coffee table rests right on there with all the tape, scissors, ribbons and tags (you really didn't need to see that mess).


Our tree is filling up! It's getting harder and harder to walk into the kitchen! Just kidding... there's still lots of room. But it's impossible for anyone to sit in that chair now... It's kind of funny that it's Christmas Eve and I'm still decorating... haha! Hope you enjoyed the updates! Merry Christmas all! :)

1 comment: