December 16, 2014

A Little Noel

Woohoo! The first holiday card of the year! That's something to celebrate! :)


DEEtails:

I still love this dear little deer bust from Remembering Christmas and had to use it. I stamped it on some Basic Black cardstock with VersaMark Ink and embossed it with White powder. I like how there are a few white flecks here and there. I actually wish there were a bit more, but I know I couldn't do that on purpose! I trimmed the image down and used the Angled Tag Topper Punch on the top - this tool is totally worth it. I used to make tags by hand (what crazy does that?!) and this makes tag making such a breeze! I strung through some lovely Gold Metallic Baker's Twine, which by the way, I've been using on some of my Christmas presents this year - Love it! I set my tag aside as I embellished my card, starting with some striped paper from the Season of Style Designer Paper Stack. I actually cut the sheet at an angle so that I can get more diagonal stripes. Then I added some Vellum snowflakes, die cut with the Festive Flurries Framelits, and piled on the sequins (from the Gold Sequin Trim and Frosted Sequins). I tucked a couple of festive ribbons behind my tag, added a few more sequins, and topped it all with a big gold foil Noel. I love the sentiment from the Wonderful Wreath Framelits! Hope you like it!


Paper: Basic Black Cardstock, Cherry Cobbler Cardstock, Gold Foil Sheets, Season of Style Designer Series Paper Stack, White Vellum Cardstock
Stamps: Remembering Christmas
Ink: VersaMark
Embellishments: Basic Black 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler 1" Stitched Edged Grosgrain Ribbon, Frosted Sequins, Gold Metallic Baker's Twine, Gold Sequin Trim
Tools: Angled Tag Topper Punch, Festive Flurry Framelits Dies, White Stampin' Emboss Powder, Wonderful Wreath Framelits Dies

No comments:

Post a Comment