May 3, 2010

Neutrals are so Natural!


Isn't the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger so calming? I would love to hang out in this West Elm space!


I love the way things that make this photo look so calm and clean - neutrals and fresh green, clean lines, and lots of texture! I really tried to evoke this feeling in my card. Here are the DEEtails:

1. I started out with lots of neutrals: Kraft, Soft Suede, and Sahara Sand. I chose a bright and bold green to really pop and used PTI's New Leaf. I probably should have used a lighter green, but when I was looking through my card stock, this color really stood out for me.

2. The clean lines in the image really spoke to me, so I decided to cut some different sized rectangles and sqaures. I honsetly just kind of played around with different shapes and colors until I found something that worked. I decided on a Kraft mat and a strip of Sahara Sand.

3. Then I randomly stamped leaves from my Falling Leaves set in VersaMark ink. Who says you can't use fall stamps for spring cards? I heat embossed the images to add a little tone on tone and texture, then cut two 1 1/2" squares for this card.

4. I love the texture in this card and decided to use my awesome new texture plate from PTI to make a wood grain texture on Soft Suede card stock. I layered it under my green squares - gorgeous!

5. For a little more texture and color, I added some Soft Suede ribbon. I adhered SU! Polka-dot grosgrain ribbon, polka-dot side down to achieve this. For my final touch, I stamped the sentiment from my PTI Signature Greetings set. I'm really liking this sentiment right now!

Thanks for peeking in!

1 comment: