May 6, 2010

Hoot-Hoot Hooray!

This week's wee Memories challenge is to incorporate writing in a card. Here's my DEEsign:


DEEtails:

1. I started off with a piece of Kraft card stock. I took the "hoot-hoot hooray" stamp from my Owl Together Now set and stamped it randomly with VersaMark ink.

2. I layered the stamped piece onto a Chocolate Chip mat, then added a bit of Old Olive Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, that I tied with a piece of Hemp Twine.

3. I stamped the flying owls from the same stamp set on Kiwi Kiss card stock with craft Chocolate Chip ink. I added some embossing powder and heat and then cut the owls out.

4. I added the owls onto my card with some Stampin' Dimensionals.

5. Then I adhered everything onto a Kiwi Kiss mat on my Kraft card. I like how fun this look is, but still clean and natural looking. Hope you like it too!

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute, love the owls and how you play with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!!! So glad you got to play in my challenge... this is awesome!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a hoot! LOL. Adore the owl in green. Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete