May 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Presents


I made this fun little birthday card for this week's Curtain Call Color Challenge.


Here are the DEEtails:

1. I loved the gorgeous ribbons in the inspiration image and when I noticed the corner of a brown box in the photo, I knew I just had to use my present stamp from my Happy Moments set. I used VersaMark ink and stamped the image on Kraft, Not Quite Navy, and Rose Red card stocks.

2. I cut the presents out, one by one. I cut out the bottom Not Quite Navy present and cut the stripes out of my Rose Red present and adhered them on. The middle present was pretty simple to do. Then I coloring in the polka dots on my Kraft present, using my Not Quite Navy Stampin' Write marker and cut it out.

3. I adhered all my presents onto a piece of Kraft card stock, to give it a solid back, then cut it out again. Then I tied my DMC floss around the presents, and made a bow. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the single bundle onto a piece of Naturals White card stock (I ran out of Whisper White!)

4. I stamped the sentiment from the Happy Moments set onto my card stock. I like how playful this font is, yet so simple!

5. I'm having so much fun making random sized scallop edge rectangles and wanted to make another one for this card. (Feel free to use the DEErections that I've posted if you need some help!) This time, I made my rectangle out of Not Quite Navy, then cut a Rose Red mat for the inside. I layered on my white card stock. Then adhered everything onto my Kraft card.

Thanks for looking! :)

3 comments:

  1. DEElightful prezzie creation, Nina! I love it:) thanks so much for playing along with Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina! Love how you have paper pieced and layered the presents- gives that WOW factor to a very simple image !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is fabulous! I just LOVE those popped presents...they are awesome! Thanks for joining us at the curtain call this week!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete