February 26, 2019

19 for 2019

Last year I embarked on a challenge to complete 18 things for 2018.
I learned a lot from that challenge and although I'm still working on that list, I've created a new list for 2019!

1. Be the ultimate villain
Hahahaha. Let's start off with something fun. My hubby got me the Disney Villainous game for Christmas and I just love it. (Have you noticed that I'm on a villains kick right now?) The funny thing is that I am actually REALLY BAD at the game. Hahaha. I am good at almost all things Disney, but he kicks my butt at this game. Every. Single. Time. My goal this year is to beat him at least once with each villain. This will be a fun challenge!

2. Get a mani/pedi
Who doesn't love a good pampering? I want to either get a mani/pedi or give myself one - that counts, right? - because that sounds maybe a little more realistic and do-able.

3. Replace clothing basics
I've done a lot of purging of my clothes and realized that I need to start replacing some of my basics - like camis and layering tees and that sort of thing. Nothing fancy. Just all that stuff that is really boring to buy.

4. Make a capsule wardrobe
The idea of a capsule wardrobe sounds fascinating to me. If you know me, I usually wear the same outfits on rotation every week, so I basically have a capsule wardrobe. Hahaha. I want to work on refining it and making the contents meaningful.

5. Read 6 new books
I had a similar goal last year to read 4 new books. Since then, I've been hooked on reading! This year, I've upped the challenge and hope to read 6 new books!

6. Find a planner I like and use it
I've always loved the idea of writing things into a daily planner, but sometimes I'm not very good at keeping it up. Right now I keep everything in my Office365 calendar and it works pretty well, but I don't know if that's the right thing for me. I want to find something useful that will help me stay organized and be more productive. I'm not exactly sure what that will look like. It might just be some tweaking to what I already use or a brand new paper planner... We'll see!

7. Make a home binder
I'd love to get all my papers organized into a reference binder of some sort.

8. Fix or replace something old in our house
There are lots of things in our home that could use a bit of sprucing up - both big and small. Our driveway, the back door, the interior doors, the entire bathroom (haha), the closet shelving, the sofa, the piano... the list goes on... If we can fix or replace one thing, even a small thing, I'd call it a win.

9. Sell some stuff on ebay
After doing a lot of decluttering and organizing, we've found a lot of stuff that my hubby and I are ready to let go of. We donated a ton of it, but we kept a handful of boxes in our closet that we want to eventually sell on ebay. This is the year!

10. Get a new plant
I've been longing for more greenery in our home. Should be simple enough. Just gotta find something that I can't kill...

11. Decorate the play room
When our daughter turned one, we designated the spare room as a play room and cleaned it up so it was usable. It really is a great play room, but it doesn't have any decorations nor is it very cute. I'd love to spruce it up a bit - maybe with a fun Disney vibe! :)

12. Hang up artwork and photos
There are a few blank walls in our home that are still begging for something. I have some idea of what I want up there, I just gotta get around to doing it.

13. Organize photos
This one might be one of those things that I regret putting on this list, but I really want to sort through our photos. We still have some boxes of old photos to organize as well as lots of digital photos that need to be purged.

14. Make 2018 photo books
Last year my goal was to get caught up on 2016 & 2017 photo books. I'm not done yet, but I thought I'd go ahead and add 2018 to my to-do list to keep me from getting too far behind. One day I am sure I will have a better system for this!

15. Update our family blog
I've talked before about how we have a private blog where we post photos of our girly to keep our families in the know of what's happening in our life. I've done a mostly good job of posting sort-of regularly for the past 3 years. I think it's time for a bit of sprucing up though.

16. Make a quilt
Last year, my daughter stole my blankie from me. We knew this would happen eventually... Since stealing mommy's blankie, she has been asking when she would get a blankie of her own. I've had this dream since before our little girl was born to make a quilt, so that has kind of been the push that I've needed.

17. Try a no spend challenge
I'm not exactly sure what this will look like for us either, but I'd love to try out a no spend challenge and just see what that is like for us.

18. Save an extra $500
Perhaps this will come out of the no spend challenge or from ebay sales (fingers crossed!) Either way, it would be nice to put aside some extra money for a rainy day or maybe the next item on our list...

19. Take a vacation
Can't wait for this one! I think we will be heading overseas this year!

So that's it! My 19 for 2019 list. And of course, I will do my best to chronicle it here on the blog (along with updates as I still finish up my 18 for 2018 list...) How about you? What's on your list for this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment