March 1, 2019

Friday Favorites: Snow Day

I know it's March, but last week, we enjoyed a snow day here. Outside it was wet and yucky with snow, followed by freezing rain, followed by rain, so we spent the day indoors. I thought I would share some of my favorites for a lazy day at home on the blog today...


1. Cozy Pajamas. I feel like this one is kind of a no-brainer, but staying in pajamas all day is my favorite thing to do on a lazy day! Our daughter even requests to stay in her "jammas" regularly. I really like the loungewear from Uniqlo - they are comfy and a good price point.


2. Our three-year-old daughter is obsessed with puzzles and has been begging us to do a "big puzzle with tiny pieces." We realized that we only have two sizes of puzzles in our house - 24 pieces and 1000 pieces. We pulled out this puzzle that I got at Disneyland a few years ago when we went for their 60th Anniversary Celebration. It was a ton a fun for our family to do together! I'm also a big fan of the Disney Fine Art puzzles. The Toby Bluth ones my favorite, although his puzzles are hard to find! Since completing this puzzle, we've been searching for a more reasonable sized puzzle to do with a three-year-old. I think we will try our hand at 300 pieces...


3. We also love to spend some time reading. On this particular snow day, we all snuggled up in our bed with a book. My husband is currently re-reading the Hobbit, I'm halfway into the third book in the Twisted Tales series, and our daughter sat with a stack of her favorite Llama Llama board books (she loves these and these). It's so nice to cuddle up together and sweet to see our little girl enjoy "reading" independently.


4. A snuggly blanket is a must for a cold day indoors. My hubby gifted me a weighted blanket for Christmas and it is lovely to sit under while reading or lounging on the sofa. The one we have is 12 pounds, which I really like since most that we have seen are 15lbs. One not so great thing is that it isn't machine washable... We haven't found a cover for it that we like yet, so we are just careful and usually have a thin blanket underneath it. I've been considering getting a smaller and lighter one for our daughter as well.


5. Recently my hubby and I have been enjoying a cup of tea in the evenings. It's especially nice on a cold day indoors! My current favorite is this Downton Abbey English Rose Tea. It's beautiful to watch as it steeps and has a lovely rich flavor.

So there you have it! Five of our favorites for a cozy day indoors. What are your must haves? Hope you are staying warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment