February 18, 2019

Four Books

Guys. I am not a reader. I hate to say that. But reading is not really my thing. I love books. I love knowledge. And I love the idea of reading. But most of the time when I sit down to read, I wish I wasn't reading. I'm slow. And I need to really focus and concentrate. And usually my mind wanders so I have to read something over and over.

Still. I do my best to give the love of books and reading to our daughter. Let me say this. Our daughter LOVES to read. We literally take away books from her as a punishment. And it works. So whatever we are doing, it works.

In 2018 I focused on one reading goal. To read 4 books. That doesn't seem like a major number, but trust me, it took me all year to read just four books. I tend to read books that I already know that I like. Really, this translates into me reading the Harry Potter series over and over again. So this year, I focused on reading 4 new books. And I loved them.

Here's what I read:


Book 1.
How to Talk so Little Kids will Listen 
by Joanna Faber and Julie King

If you spend any time at all around kids and haven't read this I highly recommend it. No little kids around? Read How to Talk so Kids will Listen and Listen so Kids will Talk by Adele Faber (that's Joanna's momma). I read both and they are so good.



Book 2.
The Happiness Project
by Gretchen Rubin

I listen to Gretchen Rubin's podcast and enjoy the way she thinks about things. She talks about her books pretty frequently so I was tuned into this one. I actually considered doing my own Happiness Project this year... I loved her writing so much that I have more of her books on my reading list!

A Whole New World: A Twisted Tale (Twisted Tale, A) by [Braswell, Liz]
Book 3.
A Whole New World: A Twisted Tale
by Liz Braswell

I am a huge Disney fan and also love twisted fairy tales. This book is amazing because the author writes a twisted tale of the Disney story. In fact, there are parts of the book that are written from different points of view using scenes from the movie. I just loved what she did with this.


Book 4.
Once Upon a Dream
by Liz Braswell

I loved reading book 3 so much that I had to read the next book in the series! This one was a little harder for me to get into. But mostly because I didn't understand what was happening at first... Once I figured it out, I couldn't put it down! Can you guess that I already started reading the next book? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment