April 20, 2015

Fluttering By to Say Thanks


Hope your day is going well so far. I'm here today sharing a card that I made for the Waffle Flower Challenge. I've been eyeing their challenges for a while, but this is my first time every playing along. This color palette was quite intriguing so I had to try it out.


DEEtails:

It was a bit of a challenge for me to make sure that each color was added to the card in a deliberate way. I'm really happy with how it turned out although I wish that I had my sewing machine handy cause I would have really liked to stitch up the side edges of the Lost Lagoon layer. I love the bit of Tangelo Twist peeking out underneath the Lost Lagoon. My next layer was a bit of Something Borrowed Designer Series Paper and then a couple of butterflies stamped in Baked Brown Sugar. I added a fun patterned Polaroid style frame die cut from Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper. The frame was mounted on some coaster board to give it a bit of dimension. Then I added on another butterfly with some Stampin' Dimensionals and the fabulous die cut sentiment. Of course a few sequins sprinkled across to finish things. I love these colors! The Stampin' Up In Colors were perfect for this challenge!


Paper: Blackberry Bliss Cardstock, Coaster Board, Neenah Solar White 80# Cardstock, In Color 2013-2015 Designer Series Paper Stack, Something Borrowed Designer Series Paper, Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper
Stamps: Best of Butterflies
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar
Embellishments: Save the Date Sequins (Teresa Collins)
Tools: Fabulous Frames Die Collection (Papertrey Ink), Hand Lettered Thanks Die (WPlus9), Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Oh Nina, I love your butterflies! This card is so pretty, and I cannot get enough of the way you used the color scheme. This is so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete