February 7, 2013

Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge


Hi there! Today, the Pals Paper Arts Resident Artists have created some fun cards using a cheerful color combination inspired by all the lovely Valentine goodies in the new Stampin' Up! Spring Catalog!


Here are the DEEtails:

I wanted to pull out the new Vine Street embossing plate for this card and thought it paired nicely with some flowers from Secret Garden. I used Pool party for the emboosing and matted it with some Real Red to make it pop. Then I pulled out a flower from the Secret Garden stamp set. I stamped the same image twice on some Real Red DSP and cut out the inner petals for the small flower and the whole image for the larger flower. Of course, we needed some leaves, which I created with some Pool Party DSP. For my sentiment, I layered several stamps. First, the chevron oval from Oh, Hello onto some Primrose Petals DSP. Then the sentiment, from the same set, which you know I love in Real Red ink. Then I stamped "friend" from a portion of a sentiment from the retired, Hello, You set. I used the Labels Collection to die cut my sentiment and layered everything onto my card. Of course, a touch of Primrose Petals stitched satin ribbon was a must!

Aren't these colors just gorgeous together?! I hope you'll play along with us this week! And be sure to stop over at Pals Paper Arts to see all the other fabulous inspiration from our Resident Artists!

8 comments:

  1. Oh that Pool Party makes such a pretty background with the other two colors! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Vine Street Embossing folder adds just the right amount of texture. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cute little flags are my favorite part of this beauty, Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your style has become so distinctive. Love this clean look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty card, Nina! I love that label with the flowers, it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful CAS card, Nina! Love the Vine Street EF done with Pool Party against the pretty flowers! Really makes them pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Nina! I love the texture and your clean and simple style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, you are right the colors are gorgeous! I love how you mixed the two sentiments, great idea!

    ReplyDelete