December 11, 2011

Make Merry!

Hello friends! I hope you are having a nice weekend so far! I'm sorry I haven't been blogging much lately. My hubby has been having some health issues that we are still trying to figure out. It's hard for him to do a lot right now, I've been busy taking care of him and taking care of some of the things he usually takes care of. This hasn't given me much crafting time, but I've been trying to sneak a bit of time in here and there.


Today's card is for this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. These cute cupcakes really get you in the Christmas mood, don't they?


DEEtails:

The card was a bit tricky to photograph with all the white, but I really wanted to do something with white on white. I love the way the image turned out. So simple, yet festive. I used the image from SU!'s The More the Merrier and stamped it in VersaMark ink. I added white embossing powder, then colored in the scarves, hats, buttons and cute carrot noses. I took my white Souffle pen and filled in the snowmen. It's hard to tell in the picture, but it makes a bit of a difference. Then I used my VersaMark pen to add some Heat and Stick powder and some white flocking to a couple of the hats and the earmuffs. I added some more "snow" on the bottom with the VersaMark pen and white embossing powder. My creative juices weren't really flowing beyond that, so I just slapped the image on a 3x3 card and added the sentiment from SU's Berry Christmas. I may pull my snowmen off and add them to a better layout later. Here's a closer look at my snowy friends.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Love the snowy touches. Hope your husband feels better soon. You still are way ahead of me in the card department! I am not sure what all my little problems are. Thank goodness I went to a CTMH stamp a stack so I have cards ready to finish sending out! Happy holidaze!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete