November 8, 2010

Dog Silhouette

Today I wanted to share a craft that I created a while ago... I've seen so many silhouettes of baby heads on people's blogs that I just had to make one of my own!

I started off with a couple of frames from our wedding. My husband is Irish and I'm Japanese, so we framed Gaelic and Japanese words for our table names. Here's one of them:


Then I grabbed a photo our Basset Hound from our trip back home to Ohio this summer and edited away. I cropped the photo, so it was mostly just the pup, enlarged it, then increased the contrast. I printed it, then cut her out. I traced my image onto some Woodland Walk DSP, then cut her out again. I added a couple of embellishments, like some Kiwi Kiss card stock grass and a Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon collar. I framed it, then added some wood stickers that I bought a while ago on clearance at a local craft store to the outside of the frame.

I made a second picture with some letter stickers from my stash, a stamp (from my Priceless set), a 1 1/4" circle punch and strips of Chocolate Chip 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon to write out her name. Here they are:


I used some 3M picture hanging strips to stick them up to the side of a bookshelf, right above her toy basket that I snagged at Target for super cheap.


Here's what her little personalized corner looks like now.

Thanks for stopping in! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is beyond adorable! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hound silhouette and very clever idea. Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete