February 20, 2010

Wow Flowers

Check out the fun, bright colors in this week's ColorQ Challenge:


Here's my Deesign:


Here are the DEEtails:

1. I started off by stamping the circle Happy Birthday stamp from my Wow Flowers set in each of the challenge colors. I punched each one out with my 1" circle punch.

2. Then I punched 1 1/4" circles out of matching cardstocks for layering. I also punched 1/4" circles for the centers of the flowers.

3. I used 3-dimensional squares to layer the circles randomly, at either the centers, the flowers or the backing pieces. I adhered them to the card in a simple 3 x 3 pattern.

4. For the center circle, I stamped the flower from my Always stamp set, added a 1/4" Yoyo Yellow circle in the center, and used a 3-dimensional square to mount it to a 1 1/4" circle.

5. I finished off the card by adding a red ribbon and bow that matched the Real Red card stock perfectly.

8 comments:

  1. I love the Red back ground, it really sets off your beautiful circle flowers alot, and the Red ribbon, POW. Way to go girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this card!! So crisp. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! You find such neat challenges to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the use of the colors with this great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is perfect for the challenge!! Wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card, it really POPS, Nina! Thanks so much for playing the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the win---this surely is a wonderful creation using these bold colors! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous card! Congrats on winning!

    ReplyDelete