The inspiration photo was bright and cheerful:
And I love the song:
But the card recipe seemed very specific and a little tricky since I didn't have all the right supplies:
I hope you like my DEEsign:
Here are the DEEtails:
1. I used all SU! colors - Dusty Durango, Bashful Blue, Melon Mambo, and Whisper White - cut to the specified sizes. This is my first 5" x 7" card. I was worried because when I started, I felt like there was a ton of empty space to fill!
2. I used the large swirly flourish from my Priceless stamp set and stamped it with VersaMark directly onto the Dusty Durango card.
3. I used my Stampin' Write markers to ink a stamp from my Heard from the Heart set. I mounted it on a piece of Dusty Durango card stock just a tiny bit larger. Then used 3-dimensional squares to mount my sentiment to overlap the flourish and the Bashful Blue mat.
4. I didn't have white embossing powder (I've added it to my wishlist), so I stamped the flower image from my Always stamp set in ColorBox Frosted White ink and used clear embossing powder. I cut eight of these flowers - eight because I got tired after the eighth one! I clustered them randomly, and thought it would look cute with a few raised.
5. I didn't have rhinestones either (and one look out the window told me I had to improvise). So, I took some rhinestone brads and took them apart. I pulled the rhinestone piece out from each brad and glued them to the centers of a few of my flowers.
That's it! Hope you like it!