February 4, 2010

Tree of Hearts

I love the color combination in this week's Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge:



Here's my DEEsign:


DEEtails:

1. I started off with a Basic Gray background on a Basic Black card (I think I broke the rules here, but the tree just popped a bit more on Basic Gray than Whisper White).

2. I stamped the tree from my Seasons of Friendship stamp set. Then I punched out a bunch of small hearts using a punch that I had gotten a while ago from a $1 craft bin. I cut some 3-dimensional squares to fit the size of the hearts and mounted them on the tree.

3. I used my Pinking Heart Border Punch and a small strip of Pretty in Pink paper for a cute border on the bottom of the card.

4. I used the heart #5 that I had cut out from my Embellish challenge last week. I always love finding a good use for my scraps!

5. For my final touch, I stamped a sentiment from A Happy Heart and mounted it on a Melon Mambo rectangle a tiny bit larger and adhered it to my scrap paper heart.

5 comments: