The EtsyInspired Challenge this week is too cute! We were supposed to find an inspiration image from Elie's Happy Hats. Here's mine:
I'm not totally thrilled with this card, but I think it turned out pretty cute. I think it just wasn't what I was envisioning when I saw the cutie pa-tootie in the photo. Here's my DEEsign:
1. I've been wanting to use my new Fox and Friends set, but just wasn't sure what to do with the cute little critters, but when I saw this adorable hat, I knew just where to start!
2. I'm sorry that the photo is not so great. The colors aren't showing up too well. I wanted to use Barely Banana to match the monkey hat in the photo and it doesn't seem to be picking up the pale yellow color. I stamped the little monkeys and punched them out. (hehe sounds funny!)Then mounted them on scalloped circles punched out from Real Red and a random pink scrap that I had (it's not an SU! color).
3. I gave each of my monkeys a DMC needlepoint floss bow in red and pink to match, of course!
4. I used a Very Vanilla ribbon and embellished it with red and pink buttons from my stash and coordinated needlepoint floss.
5. I mounted the monkeys on Very Vanilla paper, then layered my card stock - pink scrap, Barely Banana, Real Red, and more Barely Banana.