This week features another great color combination - Rich Razzleberry, Pale Plum, Tempting Turquoise & Basic Black:
Here's my DEEsign:
And the DEEtails:
1. As soon as I saw this cute dress, I knew I wanted make a Criss Cross Card. I pulled out the fun colors and got to work. I started off by cutting a sheet of Tempting Turquoise in half, lengthwise, then scoring each piece at 5 1/2". Then, I cut a diagonal off of each piece and glued these together to make a nice trapezoid shape.
2. Next I trimmed my edges with a scalloped strip of Rich Razzleberry. Then I glued my triangle flaps down.
3. I worked on creating my flower next. I cut circles out of my Rich Razzleberry and Pale Plum card stocks in 1 1/2", 1 1/4" and 1" sizes. I distressed the edges, crumpled them up, then layered them. I topped the flower with a thistle colored button from my stash, tied with a needlepoint floss bow. Then I glued the flower to the corner of the outer card with a couple of Basic Black branches punched out with my bird punch (my favorite!)
4. I finished off the outer card with a sentiment from my Basket Full of Fun stamp set.
5. To make my inner card, I simply cut a 5 1/4" x 3 3/4" Rich Razzleberry rectangle and layered a 4 3/4" x 3 1/4" Pale Plum rectangle. I found a cute polka dot ribbon ribbon in my stash that matched and stuck it on with a black brad. I hate when brad metal shows through the back, so I only punched the brad through the front of the ribbon. The back of the brad is covered with the other side of the ribbon piece.
Hope you like it!