February 1, 2015

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 296


Hi there! Ready for a yummy cupcake and some gorgeous color inspiration? Here's this week's challenge at Cupcake Inspirations


This week's sponsor is 7 Kids College Fund. They are giving away a $20 gift certificate to their store! 

DEEtails: 

I decided to do some watercoloring for this card, which is a fun and easy technique. First, I stamped my image with VersaMark ink onto some watercolor paper and heat embossed it with some clear powder. Then I got out some Stampin' Write Markers, which are water-based inks. I basically transfer the color from the marker onto a clear stamp block and with a wet paintbrush, use the ink to watercolor my image. So easy to do and it turns out so effortlessly gorgeous.


For the leaves, I used some patterned paper from Heidi Swapps Favorite Things line and punched out the leaves from the bird punch. I like that the green isn't a solid color, so it keeps with the soft effect from the watercoloring. The background paper is from the same paper pad. I stamped it with a sentiment from Four You, which I embossed with white powder. I layered a bit of gold underneath, die cut with the Tasteful Trim die, with a bit of Bermuda Bay peeking out from underneath. I am so loving this color combination!


Paper: Bermuda Bay Cardstock, Gold Foil Sheets, Heidi Swapp Favorite Things Paper Pad, Watercolor Paper
Stamps: Four You, Secret Garden
Ink: VersaMark
Tools: Bird Punch, Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, paint brush, Stampin' Dimmensionals, Stampin' Write Markers - Melon Mambo, Rose Red, Strawberry Slush, White Stampin' Emboss Powder, Tasteful Trim Bigz Die

1 comment: