June 2, 2010

Another Cupcake Card

I'm so excited that the cupcake card I made last week made the Top 5 at Hope Stamps Eternal! I'm back with another DEEsign:


This week's monochromatic cupcake inspiration looks divine!


Here are the DEEtails:

1. I started off with a So Saffron card and some scraps of Whisper White. I took a strip of Whisper White cardstock and punched the edge with my Scallop Trim punch. I adhered it to my card.

2. Then I added a piece of Taffeta ribbon in Kraft and tied a fluffy bow. I can't believe that many of the Taffeta ribbons are on the Last Chance list! Make sure to check out what will be retiring and order your favorites while they last!

3. I loved the look of my "fondant flowers" from the wedding card I made a few weeks ago and I couldn't wait to make more! I used my Itty Bitty punches to punch flowers, crinkled them up a bit, then added a pearl in the center of each. I lined them up on my card, using glue dots. They look so perfectly delicious!

4. I added part of the sentiment from my Heard from the Heart stamp set. I stamped the first part in Close to Cocoa ink. I can't wait for Crumb Cake (formerly Kraft) ink to come out! I stamped the middle part in VersaMark and used some white embossing powder to look a little like "frosting." I chose to leave the last part of the sentiment off.

5. Then I trimmed a little Kraft mat for my sentiment and adhered it to my card. Hope you like it!

7 comments:

  1. Perfect "fondant flowers!" Great card!! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color, very smooth and calming, with a side of fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your card. And also your blog design is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so sweet and so cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty. Love the little row of fondant flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knock me out, Nina. This is one of my all time favorites!!! Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete