February 3, 2010

Inspiration in Action

Here's a fun sketch I found at Gretchen Barron's Inspiration in Action Blog:


Here's my DEEsign:


DEEtails:

1. I adore the bird from my Always stamp set and really wanted to get use of it today. I selected Bordering Blue card stock for this little guy. I stamped him with VersaMark and used clear embossing powder. Then I patiently cut him out. I feel like I'm missing the trick in cutting things out. It's so painstaking for me. If you know the trick, please let me in on it!

2. I love the retired Bella Birds DSP and selected four papers that would help showcase my bird. I chose 2 blue papers and 2 pink papers. I was worried that the color combo would make it look like it was a baby card, but I really liked it!

3. Here's my favorite part. I found this pink recycled paper in my stash that just so happened to be the perfect color! It's just a shade lighter than Pretty in Pink. I used it to back my patterned paper and for my large diagonal square. I'm really into tone on tone lately, so I cut two squares out of Bordering Blue card stock to layer on my large pink square. Then I placed my cute little birdie on top, using 3-dimensional foam squares.

4. I cut a slit in the layered squares and carefully slipped some new Pretty in Pink satin ribbon through it and tied a cute little bow. This was probably the hardest part, aside from cutting out that bird! Thick satin ribbon is hard to tie into a cute little bow!

5. I love the technique of cutting thin strips of paper for faux stitching on the ribbon. It's a perfect solution when I don't have the right color floss. Plus it stands out a bit more. I used strips of Bordering Blue threaded through some pink buttons from my vintage-ish button stash plus one from SU!'s Button Bouquet. I couldn't use all SU! buttons because the Pretty in Pink color was just a shade too bright.

And there you have it! Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment