May 25, 2013

Naki and Nina's Double Dare Challenge 27


Hi there! It's time for another Double Dare Challenge!

Naki's pick this week is to use your favorite DSP
And my pick was to use some Rhinestone Jewels





Here's my card....


Here are the DEEtails:

Okay, so really, my favorite DSP is probably the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack, but I thought it might be a little boring... Haha. So, I picked my next favorite (and boy, was this hard!). I love the Sycamore Street DSP (from Sale-a-Bration). The colors are bright, cheerful, and somewhat unexpected and the patterns range from simple to intricate and are just gorgeous. I haven't actually used this particular patter before, but I was excited to incorporate all the colors into a single card. I cut a piece of the DSP and wrapped some pretty Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon. Then I pulled out some Flower Trim that I inked up with some Calypso Coral. It's super easy to do - you just have to be willing to deal will stained finger tips. :) I added some Rhinestone Jewels to the centers (It might be a bit hard to see here...) When the idea for this card came, I thought I had some of the larger Rhinestone Jewels, but I couldn't believe it, I never got them! Guess they are on my list for my big order when the new catty comes out! Finally, I added some Summer Starfruit leaves punched from the Owl punch, and the sentiment from the new Hostess set, Banner Greetings. Love!

Don't forget to stop by Naki's blog to see her take on this challenge. Then pull out your favorite DSP and some Rhinestone Jewels to create your own card. Be sure to leave us a comment with a link to your card!

No comments:

Post a Comment