May 21, 2011

Thank You (And Some Locks of Love)


Today has been a fun day. I spent the morning and afternoon at the hair salon with a handful of girls from school. We each cut 10+ inches off to donate to Locks of Love! I am so proud of these sweet girls (ranging from Pre-K to 5th grade) who gave so selflessly of themselves today! I created these very pink cards to thank them for supporting the wonderful cause.


This was my fifth Locks of Love cut, but the first for these girls. We were able to gather 11 donations to send in! They all look so cute with their ready for summer hair-dos! We're hoping to make the event a tradition at our school and get another group together next year. For more information about Locks of Love, click here.

DEEtails for my cards:

I started with some Pretty in Pink card stock, which I embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing plate and matted with some Pink Pirouette. Then I attached some Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon. I created some scalloped circles using fun foam die cut with a Papertrey Limitless Layers die. Then I adhered my sentiment, from SU!'s Spring Solitude, stamped in Pretty in Pink on Whisper White card stock and trimmed. I embellished each card with three cute pink buttons from my stash to make each one unique.

Thanks for peeking in today!

No comments:

Post a Comment