April 23, 2010

We Miss U!

One of my students at school has been out all week due to an injury, so I made this card for him to deliver with some get well goodies. Sorry for the terrible photo, but it was late and it was my only chance to take the photo before delivering the card this morning.


Here are some DEEtails:

1. I have the hardest time creating cards without any inspiration, especially when it comes to masculine cards! I basically picked out random colors and they just happened to work!

2. I chose an alphabet theme since I figured it was appropriate for an elementary school student. I stamped my Pure and Simple Alphabet stamps with VersaMark ink randomly on my Ballet Blue card stock.

3. I adhered my Ballet Blue card stock on a Tempting Turquoise mat, then adhered it to my Crushed Curry card.

4. Then I added a piece of ricrac from my stash. I love the subtle texture it adds to the card.

5. I hand drew the "U" and cut it out of Crushed Curry card stock. I adhered it to a Ballet Blue mat. I hand wrote the "we miss" part inside the "U" with my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker. Then I layered it over Tempting Turquoise and Crushed Curry squares and adhered it to my card with some Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment