April 27, 2010

My First Mojo!


Can you believe that this is my first time attempting a Mojo Monday Sketch? It's really more of an inspired by Mojo DEEsign, but I love it!


Here are the DEEtails:

1. I started off with a Basic Gray card. I loved the way Elegant Eggplant popped on the card, so I trimmed a piece of cardstock for my main mat.

2. I love, love, love Going Gray. I am so sad that it is retiring! :( I used it to create a scallop edge trim on the top of my card. I actually chose to make my card rectangular, rather than square, because I wanted to see more Going Gray scallop edge trim!

3. I have some ribbon in my stash that matches Going Gray perfectly, so I used it on this card. I love it! I stamped a sentiment from my Papertrey Signature Greetings set above my bow. I can't tell you enough how much I adore Dawn McVey's handwriting!

4. I stamped a cute bird cage stamp that my Hubby got me a while ago in Basic Gray ink on Naturals White card stock. I cut it out and adhered it to my card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

5. I also stamped a heart from my I {Heart} Hearts set using Elegant Eggplant ink on Going Gray card stock. This stamp is so beautiful as is, but it is absolutely gorgeous in these colors. I love it!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Nina! Love the colours/images/ribbon..pretty much all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the lovebirds and the hearts together! The colors are FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, a fellow Mojo newbie - this was my first time playing, too. Your card is great - I particularly like that scallop edge trim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well your first mojo is just perfect. Great job on the sketch. Your colors are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete