April 14, 2010

April Showers

You know I love a fun new challenge, so I was excited to find the cute April Showers challenge at wee Memories. Here's my DEEsign:


And check out the challenge. Adorable right?


Here are the DEEtails:

1. I started off stamping my umbrella from the Blooming with Happiness set in Basic Gray. I colored in the flowers with my Yoyo Yellow and Going Gray Stampin' Write Markers. I also stamped the little boots from my Branch Out set in Yoyo Yellow. I've totally been looking for a way to use these cute boots! To help them stand out a bit, I drew in a little shadow using my Basic Gray marker.

2. I layered some yellow flowers from my stash, ruffled them up a bit, and poked a white brad through them. I love the burst of color!

3. Then I stamped the sentiment from my Blooming with Happiness set. Perfect!

4. I carefully cut out scallops around my stamped images. It was a bit tricky, but I think it turned out okay. It kind of reminded me of clouds! Then I layered my Whisper White card stock on a Yoyo Yellow mat that I ran through my Cuttlebug using my Swiss Dots embossing folder for a bit of sunshine.

5. I added a cute ribbon from my stash at the bottom of my card because it needed a little something extra and mounted everything onto my Basic Black card.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nina! Only you could make yoyo yellow look this good! (I won't be missing THAT colour! Lol!) Great work on the challenge as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nina, this is such a Beautiful card. I love every little thing about it. Way to go girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! :) Love the flower and how you put this together... its great!! :D thanks for playing!!

    ReplyDelete