April 2, 2010

A Special Thank You

My little brother (who isn't really that little) went on vacation with his friend's family and needed to write a thank you note. He asked me to create a card and requested that it:
  • wasn't too girly, but still had a few flowers;
  • was basically very simple;
  • and had the colors purple and green
The colors reminded me a bit of the Pals Paper Arts color challenge, so we added a bit of yellow to the DEEsign:


These are the pretty colors for the challenge:

PPA36 color

DEEtails:

1. I punched my usual layered flowers using circle punches in various sizes. I distressed the edges and crumpled them up and poked a silver brad through the centers.

2. I punched leaves using my two-step bird punch and tucked them under my flowers.

3. I used a Barely Banana mat with a scalloped bottom edge.

4. Then I added a Certainly Celery ribbon - my brother was a bit worried when he saw the ribbon. I added the sentiment from my Trendy Trees set at the bottom.

5. I had my brother help adhere the flowers onto the card. But he wanted people to be sure that they knew I was the one who made the card. Here's his special touch to the back of the card.


Thanks for peeking in!

3 comments:

  1. I think you followed his directions very well! Love these funky flowers! So glad you play at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! Great flowers! In my faves file!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm absolutely digging those flowers. I'll have to give them a try . . . beautiful for the color challenge. Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete