July 2, 2014

Surviving June

Whew! Glad to have made it through June. I'll tell you what, there were some days that I felt like I was in the middle of a disaster! On one particular day a few weeks ago, it seemed like everything had gone wrong...

Our tiny apartment was stacked with boxes of all sizes along with a few extra book shelves as we were in the midst of moving my office...

Meanwhile, our washing machine flooded our kitchen, causing our laundry to pile up higher than our usual stacks... And of course I had been in the middle of washing all our towels, so we had nothing to sop up all the water...

At the same time, our air conditioner stopped working, thus leaking into our living room, causing us to have to quickly rearrange some furniture into our already maze-like apartment...

An ant infestation spawned in our bathroom, which was just plain disgusting, as there were ants starting to crawl everywhere in our damp and leaky dwelling...

To top it all off, my car battery died, forcing us to live with boxes upon boxes piled upon each other...

And my husband was leaving for a week-long road trip the following morning with no clean clothes and I was to be left stranded in a wet, ant infested home.

Ahhhh... June... how I don't miss you...

Now on to July! I'm quite prepared for anything now!

2 comments:

  1. Nina, so glad you survived your very trying month -- all while working and moving schools!!! Thank you for sharing your classroom pictures -- I am an elementary teacher on medical disability and I sure do miss those kiddos! Your room looks like such a wonderful, warm place to learn and be nurtured! May you be richly blessed in your new school!
    Chris in Calgary AB Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite an escalation. Yikes! Everything just has to happen like that one by one. Anyway, I hope everything has been dealt with right now, especially the ventilation and cooling of your rooms. Summer is here, so it's a must. At least, you made it through June. Wishing you all the best this July!

    Tommy Hopkins @ AccuTemp

    ReplyDelete