June 3, 2013

Crafts from the Past: Sweet Birthday Cards

A few Fridays ago, our school hosted our annual Community Dinner, Silent Auction, and Talent Show. It's a huge event bringing in tons of people and all the money made goes towards our school's Relay for Life team. One of our biggest money makers is the Silent Auction. Each grade level team is encouraged to donate a themed basket to be auctioned off at this event. This year, our team decided to do an Ice Cream basket, packed with all the fixings for a yummy treat!

One of the things I contributed to our basket was a set of note cards that fit the theme. Honestly, I kind of despise making multiples of a card, so I had to create something easy and with a bit of variation. Enter these ice cream cone cards.




I started with a cute polka dot print from the Ice Cream Parlor DSP (fitting, isn't it?), layered over some Whisper White card stock and tied with some Striped Organdy Ribbon in Marina Mist, Melon Mambo, and Old Olive. I stamped the cone, using a triangle from the Pennant Parade set. Then I punched the cupcake top in various colors, which I layered with some Stampin' Dimensionals. The sentiment was a die cut Itty Bitty Banner in the corresponding colors. Lots of fun, color, and simple to make!

1 comment:

  1. Nina, these are so cool! I love your no cal sugar free addition to the theme basket! What a fun idea! Each cone is pretty yummy looking with the various flavors. Love the polka dot ice cream parlor print you used to tie it all in. What can I say, but this is a refreshing idea for the basket!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete