August 19, 2010

New Pals Paper Arts Featured Artist


This is an exciting week for me. Today I'm here as the Featured Artist for the newly made over Pals Paper Arts! I've always been a huge fan on PPA. In fact, my first blog post was for a PPA challenge. These new updates are incredible - sassy, classy, sophisticated and FUN! Here's the challenge:


Inspiration challenges are always my favorite, but wow - this is totally not my usual style and I really had to think outside the box to create this card. Here are the DEETails:

I started off by pulling colors from this photo. My eye was immediately drawn to the poppy-colored hand bag on the left and the silky black fabric. I stamped the large flower from my Bella Blossoms set in Poppy Parade ink on Riding Hood Red card stock. It took me several tries to find a color combination that looked right and I like how this one turned out. I took some Pearl Jewels and added them to the center of the flower. I also stamped a leaf from the same image inked in Always Artichoke on Old Olive card stock. Then I inked the sentiment from my Priceless stamp set in Whisper White craft ink and stamped the bottom corner of my Basic Black background. I added some Sticky Strip to my card and adhered three strips of ribbon with a few ruffles - Riding Hood Red from the Ribbon Originals Dress Up set, Daffodil Delight Satin ribbon, and Rose Red 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon. I adhered my rose and leaf with Stampin' Dimensionals, then added my Rose Red and Crushed Curry mats onto my Riding Hood Red card.

What do you think? I hope you'll play along!

7 comments:

  1. Nina, you card is perfect!!! I love it so much. This one was hard for me too! Did I say how I love your blog. Fabulous look. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, Congratulations on being a featured artisit. You deserve it. The card is lovely. I espically love the Poppy, it just pops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina, Your card is fabulous! Love, love, love the ribbon treatment! You are the Queen of Ribbon! And your flower is beautiful, too. So glad you're the Featured Artist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Nina! I love the ribbon treatment! The flower is fabulous, too! Thanks for joining us as our Featured Artist on the PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that gorgeous Poppy flower! Such a stylish card - wonderfully chic ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did snazzy things with the ribbon and the bloom is beautiful. I'm so proud to have you be the featured artist for the new PPA makeover! Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete