March 24, 2010

Pink Elephant Challenge

I thought this week's sketch for the Pink Elephant Challenge was so cute, that I had to play along! Here's my DEEsign:


I turned the sketch on its side for my card:


DEEtails:

1. I was really in the mood for a girly, pink birthday card. I stamped the cake image from my Blooming with Happiness set, using Basic Gray and Regal Rose Stampin' Write Markers. I also added two sets of candles, also from the Blooming with Happiness set, which I inked with Going Gray and Summer Sun Stampin' Write Markers.

2. I tied a cute little bow with some pink polka dot ribbon that I found in my stash.

3. I added a sentiment from my A Little Birthday Cheer set. I liked this one since I had so many candles on my cake. Again, I used my Stampin' Write Markers in Basic Gray and Regal Rose.

4. I punched the cake out and adhered it to a Regal Rose Mat. Then I layered it onto a Naturals White mat, which I adhered to my Regal Rose card.

5. For my final touch, I added some flowers from my stash. I forgot where I got these, but they were the perfect color with rhinestones already added.

Hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love every Pink thing about this card, and the cake just stand out so yummy like on its pedestal. Great job girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you really know how to swing an adorable sketch. Love your work. Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete